If you wouldn’t say something in real life, don’t do it online either
- Proof read your posts.
- Post only when calm. Think and edit before you select the “Send” button.
- Respect the opinion of your classmates. If you feel the need to disagree, do so respectfully and acknowledge the valid points.
- Respect Disagreement – disagreement should not be personal.
- Check the most recent comments before you reply to an older comment.
- Do not write anything that sounds angry or sarcastic even as a joke, because without hearing your tone of voice, your peers might not realize you are joking.
- Stay on topic. Do not post irrelevant links, comments, thoughts or pictures.
- Avoid posting messages in all CAPS.
- Avoid acronyms (lol, btw etc).
- Avoid using slang language.
- Do not use offensive language.
- Popular emoticons such as ☺ or / can be helpful to convey your tone but do not overdo or overuse them.
Taken from: https://www.educatorstechnology.com/2014/06/15-essential-netiquette-guidelines-to.html and https://jolt.merlot.org/vol6no1/mintu-wimsatt_0310.pdf
Last modified: Wednesday, May 6, 2020, 2:49 PM